Volunteering fills your heart! If you enjoy nature, want to work in a peaceful, natural setting and would like to help us in our mission of land preservation and environmental education, we’d like you to join our team! We have a wide range of opportunities where you can bring your talents and embrace the rewards of volunteering.
The following is a list of important jobs you can fill. If you’re interested, please fill out the easy form below and let us know where you’d like to put your talents to use!
- Teacher Naturalist – teach field trip classes, Scout groups, home schoolers, etc… about nature on the preserve. Full training provided. Perfect for retired teachers, college grads and outdoor enthusiasts! Please visit our education page to view the variety of opportunities available:
- Teacher Naturalist Assistant – assist with school field trips, Scout groups, etc.
- Tree & Native Planting/Invasive Species Control -Help plant trees in the preserve to maintain our globally significant habitat. Remove buckthorn, honeysuckle and other invasives with a team of volunteers. Training provided.
- Front Desk Greeters – greet visitors, tend the shop, answer phones on weekdays and Saturday mornings on a flexible schedule to suit you.
- Gardening/Weeding – help care for the Butterfly Garden and surrounding garden beds.
- Maintenance – help with building projects, mowing, trail maintenance.
- Sewing/Craft Projects – create costumes, props for events and school programs.
Special Event Volunteering:
- Set-up, admission, parking, clean-up
- Poster and flyer distribution
- Face painting
- Help with kids’ activities at events
- Committees: Serve on Dash at the Dunes 5k trail run or Tropical Blast fundraiser committees
We offer extensive training and you’ll enjoy the satisfaction of keeping our Preserve a special place for all.
Please fill out the volunteer form and policy below with your contact information and we’ll contact you shortly!