If you enjoy nature, want to work in a peaceful, beautiful natural setting, and would like to volunteer to help us in our mission of land preservation and environmental education, we’d like to meet you. We have a wide range of volunteer opportunities; there’s sure to be something that interests you.
Our most familiar volunteers are our teacher-naturalists (TNs), who make our education programs possible, but there are many other opportunities. Following is a list of the various jobs volunteers can fill. If you are interested, please call Woodland Dunes at (920) 793-4007 or email email@example.com.
General Volunteering Examples
- Gardening/Weeding -helping with the Butterfly Garden and surrounding garden beds
- Teacher Naturalist– teaching school field trips, Scout groups, etc.
- Teacher Naturalist Helper– assisting with school field trips, Scout groups, etc
- Maintenance -building projects, mowing, trail maintenance
- Front Desk Volunteers– greeting visitors, watching the shop, answering the phones on weekdays and Saturdays
- Office Help– stamping, folding, stuffing, photocopying, etc.
- Sewing/Craft Projects– create costumes, props for events and school programs
- Invasive species control
- Program set-up and take-down for school field trips
Event Volunteering Examples
- General event help-set-up, admission, parking and clean-up
- Poster and flyer distribution
- Face painting
- Silent auction– gathering materials for our Getaway Fundraiser
- Help with kids’ activities at events
We offer extensive training and a great group of people to work with. Interested in volunteering? Fill out the volunteer form and volunteer policy below with your contact information and we will contact you shortly!