If you enjoy nature, want to work in a peaceful, natural setting and would like to help us in our mission of land preservation and environmental education, we’d like to meet with you. We have a wide range of opportunities where you can bring your talents and experience the rewards of volunteering!
The following is a list of important jobs you can fill. If you’re interested, please call Woodland Dunes at (920) 793-4007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Volunteering Examples
- Front Desk Volunteers – greet visitors, tend the shop, answer phones on weekdays and Saturday mornings
- Gardening/Weeding – help care for the Butterfly Garden and surrounding garden beds
- Invasive species control – help remove buckthorn, honeysuckle and other invasives with a team of volunteers
- Teacher Naturalist – teach field trip classes, Scout groups, home schoolers, etc.
- Teacher Naturalist Assistant – assist with school field trips, Scout groups, etc
- Maintenance – help with building projects, mowing, trail maintenance
- Sewing/Craft Projects – create costumes, props for events and school programs
Special Event Volunteering Examples
- Set-up, admission, parking, clean-up
- Poster and flyer distribution
- Face painting
- Help with kids’ activities at events
- Committees: Serve on Dash at the Dunes 5k trail run or Tropical Blast fundraiser committees
We offer extensive training and you’ll enjoy the satisfaction of keeping our Preserve a special place for all.
Please fill out the volunteer form and policy below with your contact information and we will contact you shortly!